Follow these detailed instructions to make your own at home:
|CAARA Herb Dressing
|Finely grated zest & juice of 1 Lemon
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil
|Salmon Fillets (skin on)
|Garlic cloves, crushed
|Fennel Bulbs, quartered lengthwise
|Mixed Salad Greens
|Micro coriander, Salt & Pepper
- To make the salmon, combine the sumac, lemon zest and juice, and 20ml oil in a bowl. Season, then add salmon fillets and turn to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to marinate. (Remove the salmon from the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- To make the fennel, combine the garlic, lemon juice and remaining 10ml oil, in a bowl & season with salt and pepper. Brush this miztureall over the fennel and place in an ovenproof dish. Roast for 10 minutes or until tender and slightly dark around the edges.
- Toss the salad in CAARA’s herb dressing.
- Put the Salmon in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook through (4-5 minutes on a low heat).
- Place the salmon on the bed of fennel with a side of salad and micro coriander for garnish.
To enhance flavour of any salad with leaves and greens always toss it first in extra virgin olive, salt and pepper. Then add any dressing. This way you use less dressing and result will be more flavourful.