Follow these detailed instructions to make your own at home:
|Free-range Chicken, butterflied||300||gms|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||2|
|Mixed Cherry Tomatoes, halved||50||gms|
|Spring Onions, thinly sliced||2|
|Mint & Flat-Leaf Parsley||10||gms|
|Salt & Pepper||to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line baking trays with baking paper
- Score chicken 2-3 times through the thickest part of the breasts or legs. Place the chicken, skin-side up, on 1 of the prepared trays.
- Combine CAARA harissa, honey lemon juice, garlic and olive oil in a bowl. Pour three-quarters of this harissa mixture all over chicken & season. Roast, basting regularly, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
- Combine chickpeas and remaining harissa mixture in a bowl, then transfer to a second prepared tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Set aside.
- To prepare the salad dressing, whisk together the tahini, 2 tbsp water and remaining garlic & lemon juice. Season and set aside.
- Place chickpea mixture, tomato, cucumber, spring onion and herbs in a large serving bowl. Add tahini dressing and toss to combine.
Always use free-range organic chicken for the best result.
Always preheat the oven for perfect baking
Always mix tahini properly before spooning out from the jar as the paste always settles down at the bottom and the oil floats on top.