Follow along as Ambika prepares a quick, super simple but delicious basil pesto chicken salad in the kitchen!
Follow these detailed instructions to make your own at home:
|Chicken breast boneless||180||gms|
|Garlic Clove Chopped||1||tbsp|
|Fresh thyme, chopped||2||gms|
|Salt & crushed black pepper||to taste|
|CAARA basil pesto||2||tbsp|
|Toasted pine nuts||1||tbsp|
|Fresh basil leaves||5||no|
|Cherry tomato||5 to 8||no|
|Red radish slice||5 to 8||no|
- Marinade the chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic, thyme and olive oil for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) before cooking chicken.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium high heat and Place chicken on the grill for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Then put it in the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes
- Rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- Now toss the arugula lettuce in olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing to combine. You want the salad moist, but not soggy.
- Now, slice your cooked chicken breast and mix with the CAARA basil pesto.
- Cut the cherry tomato into half and keep aside for garnish.
- Arrange the salad nicely on the salad plate.
- Garnish with parmesan shavings, basil leaves, half cherry tomato, red radish and pine nuts.
- Serve with a drizzle of extra dressing as desired.
To enhance the flavour of any salad with leaves and greens always toss it first in extra virgin olive, salt and pepper. Then add any dressing. This way you use less dressing and the result will be more flavourful.